Programs on Supporting Young People’s Mental Health
EquiEnergy Youth offers practical evidence based training designed specifically for educators and organisations that support young people from infants to late teens. In the current COVID-19 Pandemic we can deliver our programs online via Zoom for small and large groups.
Professional Learning for Educators
In only two years more than 3000 educators have attended our training and many schools and organisations have adopted our evidence-based frameworks into their systems of supporting student’s mental health.
Programs for Professionals and Organisations
Many government and non-government organisations are now using our evidence-based frameworks in their work of providing support to young people with mental health challenges.
Coach 2 Cope – For Families
Many young people in our community are experiencing unprecedented challenges with their mental health and require additional support.
This is why we’ve developed and committed to running our free program called ‘Coach 2 Cope – For Families’.
Our Training During COVID-19 Pandemic
EquiEnergy Youth is committed to ensuring we do all we can to protect the health and safety of all our participants, staff, colleagues and the community. With this in mind, we have implemented online training platforms that offer participants the opportunity to receive high quality interactive training that minimises the risk to everyone.
Our programs include;
-Child and Adolescent development in relation to their mental health
-How to provide system, team and individual responses to episodes of distress
-How to develop individualised support plans (risk management plans)
-How to help students develop coping, resilience and helpful help seeking behaviours
-Evidence based psychological first aid frame work on how to recognise triggers and apply in the moment response to episodes of distress
-Electronic version of the EEY toolkit to help you implement systems into your setting
-After program access to coaching and guidance from Dr Spencer
-Q & A session following the training
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Benefits to Young People
- Improved communication and information sharing between young people and the community
- Greater ownership of responsibility for young person
- Improvements in academic performance and school attendance
- Reduced number of incidents of problematic/maladaptive and risky behaviours
- Reduced cases of coming into contact with criminal justice and homelessness
- Reduced need for hospitalisation (hospital avoidance) and reduced length of stay (LOS)
- Reduction in use of coercive interventions and decrease in chances of traumatisation associated with coercive interventions
Supporting Young People
Benefits to Agencies and Organisations
- Significant improvement in competency for those working with young people
- Increased family collaboration with mental health services
- Improved safety for families, teachers, carers and adolescents and increased confidence in engaging with distressed adolescents
- Greater awareness of youth mental health in society
- Substantial cost saving benefits to lead agencies and government
- Reduced duplication of services and decreased need for emergency/specialist interventions
- Transferrable change at the system/structural level, facilitating a positive cultural shift
We value Integrity, Innovation, Compassion and Community.
Equi Energy Youth is dedicated to preventing youth suicide, self-harm and acute psychological distress globally through healthy community connections.